Please view the video link below to watch a short video detailing how to install your new Smart Terminal.
Setting Up Your Stylus Smart Terminal
- Begin by removing the contents from the box. You will see a Stylus Smart Terminal and power cable components.
- Now, connect your ethernet cable into the outlet with the pink sticker that says “ethernet.”
- Connect the three parts of the power cable together and plug it into the wall. You will notice that the adapter plug has notches on the end to lock it in place. This is to prevent the unit from accidentally getting unplugged. Make sure to secure it by twisting it after you have connected it.
- Now connect this cable to the bottom of the Smart Terminal next to the red sticker that says “Power.” This connection has a similar lock. Line up the plastic notches before connecting it, then twist the cable, so it faces the back of the terminal.
- Now attach the cable organizer to keep these cables secure and in place. If you have trouble getting the cable organizer to snap in, just add a little pressure to the clip with the tip of a pen, or similar object.
- To install the stand, align the pins with the holes on the bottom of the Smart Terminal, then slide it up to secure the unit. The bottom of the stand has a sticky glue pad. This prevents the Smart Terminal from sliding around when customers use it.
- If you want to use this feature, find the area where you want to secure your stand, and wipe it down with a damp cloth to ensure there is no dust or residue.
- Once the area is dry, peel back the adhesive sticker and attach your stand. You'll want to apply a little pressure to the stand to strengthen the adhesion.
- You can also adjust the angle of the Smart Terminal, by loosening the screws on the side of the stand, then tightening them to lock it back in place, once you have found the best angle.
Synching Your Virtual Terminal
Now that we've installed the hardware, let's synch it to your Virtual Terminal.
- To do this, make sure your power and ethernet cables are connected and log in to your PayJunction account.
- Click “More” from the menu on the left and then “Smart Terminals” from the sub-menu.
- When the page loads, click “Activate a New Smart Terminal” from the upper-right corner of the page. This will prompt you to enter the activation code on your Smart Terminal's screen.
- Once you've entered this code, click “Activate.”
- Enter a name for your new Smart Terminal and you are now ready to process transactions.
Thank you for watching this lesson. If you have any additional questions, please call us at 800-601-0230.