Vend POS System is already integrated with PayJunction. Simply follow the instructions below to connect Vend with your PayJunction account and Smart Terminal.
- Activate PayJunction Smart Terminal.
- Create PayJunction API Credentials.
- Create a PayJunction Payment Type in Vend.
- Pair the Smart Terminal to the preferred Vend POS register.
1. Activate PayJunction Smart Terminal
Instructions to activate PayJunction Smart Terminals can be found here:
2. Create PayJunction API Credentials
If you have more than one Vend Register please repeat steps 1 through 6 for each Register.
- Login to your PayJunction account as an administrator, go to More, then select API Credentials.
- In the top-right corner of this view, click the Create New API Credential button.
- Enter a First Name, Last Name and an Email Address
To ensure that report titles lineup properly between PayJunction and Vend, please use the following naming convention:
- FIRST NAME: Number or nickname assigned to the Vend Register
- LAST NAME: Vend_nameOfYourBusiness
- EMAIL ADDRESS: email@example.com
- Create a new unique Login and Password.
For the LOGIN: Use the same First and Last name listed above, without spaces.
For the PASSWORD: Use at least 8 characters, with at least one uppercase, one lowercase and one number.
- Select the account that will be used by the Vend Register. Also select the account in the Default Credit Card Account drop-down.
- Click the Create button at the bottom of the page to save the new API credentials
3. Create a PayJunction Payment Type in Vend
- Log into your merchant’s Vend store. Open the Setup tab. (On Vend for iPad this can be found under Dashboard > Setup).
- Select Payment Types.
- Click the Add Payment Type button.
- Search and choose PayJunction. (If you do not see this payment type, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Follow steps 2-5 of this guide to set up each additional terminal.
Each Smart Terminal can only be paired with one Vend Register at a time.
4. Pair the Smart Terminal to the preferred Vend POS register
- In the Payment Types screen, click the Edit icon on the PayJunction payment type.
- Click Connect a Terminal.
- A prompt will open stating “PayJunction would like to access your Vend account”. Click the Allow Access button.
- Enter your API Login and Password that you created in PayJunction and select Next Step.
- Select the Smart Terminal and Account you want to pair with Vend.
- Vend POS will send a test transaction for $0.01 to make sure the terminal is connected and working.
- In Vend, select Yes to accept, then select the X (red key) on the terminal to cancel.
- If you have more than one register, choose which Register you'll be using this terminal with and click Next.
- Fill in the contact information and click Finished.
- This terminal is now set up and ready for its first transaction.
If you're having trouble with connecting the terminal to Vend, contact email@example.com or +1 844-814-5409