This is a known issue when trying to key in the card number when using the PayJunction Virtual Terminal on Android phone or tablet devices.
The cause of this issue is the Predictive Text option in the Android settings. Disabling this feature completely will allow the key entry of card numbers to function correctly.
Example of Issue:
With predictive text turned off:
Step by Step Instructions to Fix
These instructions are for a Samsung Galaxy S4 with Android 5.0.1 "Lollipop"; instructions for your device and Android version might be different. Please consult your device documentation or the manufacturer's website if these instructions do not allow you to disable predictive text on your device.
- Using your finger, swipe down from the very top of the screen to access the Android dashboard. Then tap on the white gear icon to go into settings:
- From here, select the MY DEVICE category and then scroll down (upwards swipe of the finger) until you see the Language and input option. Tap it to open.
- Tap the Samsung keyboard option on this screen to open these settings
- Tap on Predictive text
- Tap the switch in the top right corner so that it shows as OFF
- As long as this option is disabled you should no longer have issues when keying in card numbers from your Android device.