Before you start, confirm that your default settings are correct:
1. Click the gear icon (at the top) to go to your settings.
2. Merchant Account: Select your account from the Select Merchant Account field.
3. ACH Account: Select your ACH account from the Select ACH Account field.
Table of Contents
1) Select the Refund Transaction payment method
- Go to the payment page in your software. The plugin will automatically open. Alternatively, click the PayJunction icon to manually open the No Code Payment Integration plugin.
- Select Refund Transaction from your list of payment options.
2) Search for the customer
- Enter the Last Name of the customer, then click Search. To search by First Name, select First Name in the Search By field.
- Press the Process Refund button for the transaction that will be refunded.
3) Confirm payment details and click process
- Transaction section
- If configured, the Amount field will automatically be populated with the total. Alternatively, the amount can be manually entered in the Amount field.
- If configured, the Invoice Number field will automatically be populated with the invoice number. Alternatively, the invoice number can be manually entered in the Invoice Number field.
- If configured, the Note field will automatically be populated with a note. Alternatively, a note can be manually entered in the Note field.
- Billing Info section
- If configured, the First Name and Last Name fields will automatically be populated. Alternatively, the customer's name can be manually entered in the First Name and Last Name fields.
- If configured, the Address and/or Zip Code fields will automatically be populated. Alternatively, the Address and Zip Code can be manually entered in the Address and Zip Code fields.
- Email the Receipt
- To email a receipt, enable this option (toggle on).
- If an email address is entered, PayJunction will automatically email the receipt to the customer.
- Setup Recurring Payments
- Check this box if you want to schedule payments that will automatically run in the future.
- Process the payment
- Confirm that all of the information is correct.
- Click the Process button.
4) Charge the card and update your software
- PayJunction will provide a response for the transaction (Approved or Declined).
- When the payment is approved, the plugin will automatically make the necessary updates to your software (if this is configured).
Alternatively, if an automation is not configured, the plugin will simply display the result of the transaction (approved, declined) and you can manually update your software to mark the invoice (i.e. bill, etc) as complete.
- Refund complete. Click the Complete button to go back to the main page.