The Modernizing Medicine software is already integrated with PayJunction, however there are a few configuration steps which need to be followed once you have activated your PayJunction account.
We will need to create:
- An API login and password
- A Hosted Payments Shop Name for each Account in PayJunction.
While going through the setup process you might wish to write the information down, in which case we strongly advise shredding the paper for security after completing the setup. Once the information is saved in the Modernizing Medicine software you will not need to remember it.
If at any time you are unsure on how to proceed, please give the PayJunction help desk a call at 1-800-601-0230 x 3 so we may assist you.
The following steps are all performed in the PayJunction website and require Administrator access
Create the API Login and Password
- After logging in as an administrator go to More then select API Credentials
- In the top right corner of this view, click the Create new API Credential button
- For the First Name enter "ModMed", for the Last Name enter "Connection" and for the Email Address enter "firstname.lastname@example.org". The User Type should remain on the Unrestricted Credential setting.
- Next you will need to create a new Login and Password. The login needs to be unique in the PayJunction system, so our recommendation is to base it off your business name. In our example below we are assuming the name of this business to be XYZ Surgery Center.
All logins and passwords in PayJunction are CASE-SENSITIVE
- Click the green CREATE button at the bottom of the screen to add the API credential to your PayJunction account
Create the Hosted Payments Shop Name
This was formally known as the QuickShop Store ID and might still be referenced as such in other guides and in the Modernizing Medicine practice management configuration.
- After logging into PayJunction as an administrator go to More and click on Hosted Payments
- Click on the New Shop button in the top right corner of this view
- Enter in a unique Shop Name and select the Account it should use. In our example we will be connecting multiple Accounts in PayJunction to Facilities in the Modernizing Medicine practice management software, therefore we are basing the Shop Name both on the business name and the Account we are using.
- Further down this page, in the Email New Orders To field, enter email@example.com then click the green Create Shop button at the bottom of this view
- Repeat steps 1 through 4 above for each Account in PayJunction which will be associated with a Facility in the Modernizing Medicine practice management software.
Configure the Hosted Payment Shop
First we need to adjust the fields that will show up when using this Shop to require only the First Name, Last Name, and Zip Code information from ModMed:
- After logging into PayJunction as an administrator go to More then Hosted Payments
- Hover your mouse cursor over the eye icon for the shop you are going to edit and then click Shop Fields in the popup menu
- Click the Hide All link to the right of Transaction Contact Fields
- Click the Hide All link to the right of Billing Contact Fields
- Set First Name, Last Name, and Zip Code to Required
Alternately you can set these fields to Display to make them optional, however it is not recommended
- Scroll down to the Shipping Contact Fields and click the Hide All link
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the screen
- Repeat steps 2-6 for each Shop that you created earlier in this guide
Configure Hosted Payment and API Security settings
Next we need to adjust the AVS (Address Verification System) and CVV (Card Verification Value) security settings. For medical practice it's generally understood that checking the Zip code and the CVV is enough.
- Go to More and click on Accounts
- Click on the Account you wish to edit to select it
- To the right, click the Edit link for Hosted Payments
- Set the AVS Match Type to Match Zip and then click Save Changes
Alternately you can set the AVS Match Type to Bypass to prevent declines on transactions where the zip code does not match.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 above for each Account that will be used with the Modernizing Medicine practice management software
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 above for each Account but selecting "PayJunction API" for step 3
Configuring the Modernizing Medicine Practice Management Software
Log into Modernizing Medicine as the Administrator.
- Select Maverick Settings.
- Select Preferences.
- Select Payment Settings.
- Make sure Use PayJunction is turned on.
- Enter your API Login (PayJunction Username) and API Password (PayJunction Password).
- On the right side of this page, enter the Shop Name under Store Identifier and select the Business Unit for each Account set up in PayJunction. If any ACH accounts are listed they can be ignored.
- If you are using Smart Terminals from PayJunction move on to the next section, otherwise click the Save button to save your changes
PayJunction API Login and API Password
For instructions to set or get your API Login and API Password, click this link:
Smart Terminal Setup
If you will be using a PayJunction Smart Terminal, then you will also need to enter the Terminal ID for each Smart Terminal.
First, make sure that the Smart Terminals are activated within the PayJunction account.
Next, select which Facility each Smart Terminal is located in:
If multiple Smart Terminals are assigned to the same facility, the option will be given to choose which Smart Terminal to send the transaction to for processing.
How to add a Payment Option on your website
We highly recommend creating an additional Hosted Payments Shop Name to specifically handle online payments.
Once you have your Hosted Payments Shop Name, follow these steps:
- Highlight all of the HTML code that is listed within the text area below.
- Copy the HTML.
- Paste the code on your web page.
- Update the Store field with your Hosted Payment Shop Name.
- Save your webpage, and test the payment button.
<form method="post" action="https://www.payjunction.com/trinity/quickshop/add_to_cart_snap.action">
<input type="hidden" name="store" value="YOUR-HOSTED-PAYMENTS-SHOP-NAME">
<input type="hidden" name="need_to_ship" value="no">
<input type="hidden" name="need_to_tax" value="no">
<input type="hidden" name="identifier" value="Online Payment">
<input type="hidden" name="description" value="Payment for services">
<input type="hidden" name="quantity" value="1">
<label>Patient Name</label> <input type="text" name="notes"></br>
<label>Payment Amount</label> <input type="text" name="price"></br>
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Make Payment">
If you need additional assistance, please contact Modernizing Medicine:
- Modernizing Medicine: 561-880-2998 x2