A response to a chargeback is your opportunity to dispute the cardholder claims by providing supporting documentation and additional details.
Table of Contents
- How to view chargebacks
- How to find the transaction that was disputed
- How to Respond to Chargebacks
- How to update the email address for chargeback notifications
1) How to View Chargebacks
Chargebacks can be found within your PayJunction account.
- Click on Reports, on the left side menu.
- Click Chargebacks.
- You will then see the Chargebacks screen
2) How to find the transaction that was disputed
- On the chargebacks screen, click on the Amount field.
- On the following screen, click on the eyeball to view the transaction details.
3) How to Respond to Chargebacks
Do not issue a refund
Please note that issuing a refund after a chargeback has been debited against your account is not an acceptable response. We advise you not to do so as that results in your account being debited twice for the transaction.
1) Gather the following information before responding:
- Case Number (this is found on the letter you received, or on the Chargebacks page in PayJunction)
- Case Amount (the amount for this chargeback)
- Email Address (your email address)
- Supporting documentation
- Create 1 file that includes all of your supporting documentation (signed agreement, signed invoices, purchase orders, etc).
- 10 MB (megabytes) max.
- PDF, JPG or TIF file format.
- Details for the transaction
- We recommend typing up a one paragraph summary that remains brief and concise but still communicates all the important and relevant aspects of the situation. You’ll have the opportunity to provide these details in the “Merchant Comments” section during the chargeback response process.
2) Submit your response via the Merlink Response system.
- Once you have gathered the above information, click on the Respond button on the top-right corner of the Chargebacks screen in PayJunction. Optionally, you can go directly to this website instead of clicking the Respond button: https://merlinkresponse.com/
- Enter the Case Number, Case Amount, Email Address on the form. Then, click the Upload File button.
- On the next screen, click the Choose File button and select the file that you created with all of your supporting documentation.
- In the Merchant Comments section, enter the details for this transaction.
- Click the Upload button.
- Once submitted, you will see confirmation on the following screen.
For any questions or follow up items specific to chargebacks, please contact the TSYS Chargeback Department at 800-228-2443. Select option 4 for the chargeback department.
4) How to update the email address for chargeback notifications
PayJunction automatically sends an email notification for every new chargeback. You can provide up to 3 email addresses that can receive an email notification.
- On the Chargebacks screen, click on the Settings button.
- On the following screen, update and enter up to 3 email addresses.
- Click Save Changes when done.
Email notifications for chargebacks will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org