How to add a new user
PayJunction allows you to add many users with either Admin or Restricted access control levels. All fields with a are required.
Click More, then Users. Now click in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the User Type. Admin Users can access all account settings, add new users, edit user, and issue refunds. Restricted Users can be limited to restrict their access to certain features.
- Enter the user's First Name and Last Name.
- Enter the user's Email Address. This is required for system notifications and password resets (should the user forget their login and password).
- Enter the user's Session Timeout. The session timeout determines who long a user is allowed to be idle before PayJunction automatically logs them out. If you are in a busy office area where multiple people share computers, we recommend a low / shorter session timeout.
Permissions restricts what users can do. Note, these options are always on for accounts of type Administrator. You can customize these options for Restricted Users.
Refund transactions Turn On to allow Users to refund transactions. View transaction history Turn On to allow Users to search transactions that the User has processed. View other user's transactions Turn On to allow a User to see other Users transactions. Manually settle batches Turn On to allow a User to settle batches. Process recurring transactions Turn On to allow a User to enter and process recurring transactions.
Account Access determines which accounts a user can access. If you have multiple store locations and terminals, you may restrict downtown employees from viewing the uptown store location's transactions (and vice versa). All users must have at least one terminal they can access. Turn access On or Off as appropriate.
- Click Create & Send Activation Email.
Possible Problems Creating Your Login and Password
If any of the following errors occur during the activation process, you may try the following solutions:
- Login is all ready being used - Another merchant is currently using this login. Either try a completely different login, or try adding a number to the end of your attempted login (i.e. johnsmith -> johnsmith65).
- Login/Password needs length of at least 7 - Your login and/or password is too short. Logins and passwords must have 7 or more characters (i.e. 1234567, abcdefg).
- Login/Password needs length less than or equal to 128 - Your login and/or password is too long. Logins and passwords must be 128 characters or less.
- Login/Password needs length between 7 and 128 - Your login and/or password is either too short or too long. Adjust the lengths to meet the minimum and maximum character length.
- Password needs at least 1 number - Passwords must have at least 1 number and 1 letter. Try adding a number to your password (i.e. 0123456789).
- Password needs at least 1 letter character - Passwords must have at least 1 number and 1 letter. Try adding a number to your password (i.e. A to Z).
- Password cannot be based on the login - This error means that your login is partially contained in your password, this is not safe. Please make your login and password different.
- Password does not match Password Confirmation - In order to set your password you must type it in twice exactly the same. If the password and password confirmation do not match, you will not be able to create your password. Clear the password and password confirmation fields, and try again. Remember passwords are case sensitive.
- Password has been previously used - The password you are trying to create has already been used by you before. For security reasons, you may not reuse old passwords. Please create and different password.