Scheduling a Recurring Charge
PayJunction provides a powerful recurring transaction system that allows you to schedule transactions with ease.
Follow these steps in order to create a recurring transaction:
Click on Recurring, in the left-side menu.
Then click New Recurring
Determine if you will be swiping the card or manually keying it in. You can only swipe the card if the customer is physically present and you have a USB Swiper attached to your computer. In addition, all subsequent recurring transactions will be processed as keyed transactions (as PCI Data Security Standards prevent PayJunction from storing the electronic swipe data on the back of a card).
Each form will be a little different as we customize our site for each of our merchants. Fill out the form following the on screen instructions; you must fill out any field that has a red star next to it.
Either Swipe the card or key enter the Card Number, Exp Date.
Select the frequency of the recurring schedule to run:
- Day(s) - Bill every "x" number of days (i.e. every 15 days)
- Week(s) - Bill every "x" number of weeks (i.e. every 2 weeks)
- Month(s) - Bill every "x" number of months on a specific date (i.e. the 15th of every month)
Fill out any other required fields (and optional fields if you like).
The Amount is the amount that you want to charge your customer each time.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Process Recurring.
- You might receive an error if the card is declined, or if you did not fill out the form correctly. Correct any errors or obtain a different credit card from you customer if the transaction was declined.
- Click Process Recurring after resolving any errors on the form.
- Upon a successful transaction, you will see a green status denoting the schedule is active.
Our system will either:
- Run the full transaction amount if the schedule starts today.
- Run a $1.00 test transaction to ensure the card is valid if the schedule starts in the future (the test transaction will automatically "drop off" the customers card).
If you designed your schedule to start today, you will see a confirmation of the first transaction at the bottom of the recurring transaction details page.
Your future schedule transactions will automatically run at approximately 6am local time; these transactions will automatically settle the same day at 8pm local time (unless you have changed your automatic settlement settings and time).
Transactions take 2 to 3 business days to transfer into your checking account.