There is two ways to separate transactions for different business locations or departments.
- Multiple Terminals
Using Multiple Terminals to separate transactions for different business locations or departments
By default, all PayJunction accounts are setup with one terminal. If needed, additional terminals can be requested. Terminals appear on the Batches page. When processing a card, users can select which terminal to use. For example, a car dealership might have one terminal named Service and another terminal named Parts. So, each day, administrators can to go the Batches page to see how much is processed for each location or department.
Using the Batches page to find Multiple Terminals
- To find the Batches page simply click on the Batches button on the left menu.
- The terminals and batches will be listed on this page. Click on the Eyeball icon to the left of the batch to view transactions within that terminals batch.
Using the Search Transactions page to find transactions on a particular terminal
- Click the Search icon on the left side of the page.
- Once you are inside the search transactions form scroll down and find the drop down list labeled Account.
- Next click the arrow in the drop down list and select the Terminal / Location you were searching for.
- You can also select a Date Range to narrow your search if you prefer.
- Click on the Date From - To field and click on the blue Custom Date Range link or use the shortcuts provided.
- Then a calendar will pop up so you can select the From date on the left calendar and then select the To date on the right calendar. Then click the Apply Filter button in the lower right corner.
- Click the green Search button at the bottom of the page.
- All the transactions for that particular terminal / location will list.
Using different usernames to separate transactions for different business locations or departments
Transactions are always processed by users. So to use this method create your usernames by the department or location. Example: create 3 users. the first user will be named Sales. The second user will be named Parts. The third user will be named Service. By having your users login to PayJunction with these usernames the Administrator will then be able to differentiate transactions by department or location. Then, simply use the Search button on the left side of the screen to find the department or location transactions you were looking for.
To setup Multiple Users
The following support article explains how to setup users:
How do I add a new user?
To search for transactions process by a particular User (i.e. business location or department).
- Click the Search button on the left side of the page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and find the drop down list labeled User.
- Next click the arrow in the drop down list and select the User you were searching for.
- Click the green Search button at the bottom.
- All the transactions for that particular User / Department / Location will then be listed.